I Smell Fall…
Lorelai from Gilmore Girls always had a sixth sense about when it was going to snow. She would wake up, hurry over to the window and open it. She’d then take in a deep breath. You could always feel her excitement as her face glowed with anticipation. For Lorelai snow was magical, she had something special with snow.
That is how I feel about Fall.
Fall keeps me grounded. Something about this season heightens my senses. Becoming mindful in every moment this season brings. Fall is magical.
There are simple pleasures to be found in this season. This year I didn’t even have to look for them. Sometimes the most wonderful things just captivate you. They bring you to be more present in that moment; to feel fall, to smell fall, to taste fall. They allow you to hold fall in your hand and for a moment they present the essence of fall for you to soak in and appreciate.
So today I am going to share with you all a few of the simple pleasures I have been enjoying this season.
- Philosophy Pumpkin Icing Shower Gel: At the end of a cold & chilly day, you hop into a hot shower. As the steam and hot water warm you to your core, you grab this pumpkin soap and lather it all over. The sweet smell of this pumpkin shower gel with the warmth of the water really brings you to that cozy place of bliss.
- Pumpkin Crochet Coffee Cozy: There is no denying that handmade goods are a must. These hand crocheted pumpkin coffee cozies are the perfect way to add a touch of fall to your morning coffee. The fall colors, the pumpkin, the handmade touch, it is pure perfection. Bonus: supporting handmade artists.
- Pineapple Pumpkin Hand Soap: Pumpkin and Pineapple don’t exactly seem like a match made in heaven, however; the second this silky, soft soap touches your hands, you will be hooked. The real reason why I love this soap so much is because I use it every day and every time I use it, fall seeps into me. The smell of this soap, the way it lathers so gently, and how it makes it feel like fall every time I use it really makes me wish I stocked up on these.
- The fall camper mug: This mug is dear to me. Yes, it is so stinkin’ cute and is one of those mugs that if you saw on the shelf you’d snatch it up in a heartbeat, but I love it even more for the woman who created this adorable camper mug. I have been honored myself to be able to meet this incredibly kind woman, Rachel of Rachel Allene. Being able to meet Rachel and see firsthand the amazing woman behind these designs was a blessing, oh and don’t worry I was a complete nervous wreck meeting her…I believe jumbling and speechless are the best words to use here. The most important takeaway here is this: Rachel is selfless, genuinely sweet, and inspiring. Her shop is full of products, yes, but it is even more full of messages we all love and need to hear more often. Rachel’s story is what makes buying this adorable fall mug worth investing in.
- Fall Lipstick: Fall is well known for its colors of the season: oranges, reds, and mustard yellows. The colors can be bright like the leaves falling from the trees or dark and warm like all our favorites scarves. Lipstick is definitely the perfect way to add a hint of fall to your look. With the right color, it can completely transform your makeup. Rodeo Drive from Gerard Cosmetics is a mauve color, it is dark, but is very subtle. This lipstick from Gerard Cosmetics really enhances your natural lip color. We love a good lipstick that can make any day into a fall day.
- Lush Pumpkin Bath Bomb: Lush is life, literally. Anything that is organic, animal cruelty-free, environmentally friendly on top of being cute, fun, and smells like heaven is a must have on any favorites list. Nothing screams fall more than soaking in a warm tub with orange, sparkles, and bubbles. Lush transforms a bath into an oasis. Their bath bombs make your bath more relaxing, fun, and an even bigger treat than a regular bath already is. The smell alone will have you sold in an instant. Did I mention they’re all organic and against animal testing?
- Autumn Blanket: When the weather starts cooling down, there’s no better way to snuggle up than with a blanket. As long as your blanket is soft and warm you are ready for fall. A blanket covered with autumn colors is just an added bonus. Grab a cup of coffee in your camper mug, a good book, and this blanket and you have yourself an amazing fall bundle of joy.
- Stuffed Pumpkins: This year stuffed pumpkins are all the rage for home decorating and I can see why. Stuffed pumpkins are a really cute way to change things up from the traditional pumpkins. You can make them with any color using all different kinds of fabric. They are really versatile; you can place them anywhere in your home. They can be used for many years to come and no mess to clean up. Fair warning they can become an obsession and you will end up with stuffed pumpkin overload.
- Pumpkin Patch Print: Lindsay is the extraordinary artist behind Pen and Paint, the shop to all the cute and hand-designed prints and cards for every occasion and season. I am constantly checking her Instagram and shop to see her latest creations because it has now become a tradition of mine to hang her prints all over my house. Her designs are adorable and bring a lot of cheer to a home. The handmade factor is a plus and again supporting one my favorite artists.
- Bath & Body Works Candle, scent Leaves: The obsession over Bath & Body Works candles is real. Fall is definitely the season where they come out with their best selection of scented candles. Picking one favorite was hard, however; when it comes down to filling your home with the scent of fall Leaves hands down is my favorite. Leaves is a scent of golden nectar, red apple, and spice berries also known as fall in a candle. On the very first day of fall I lit this candle and within minutes my home had a whole new atmosphere. My home was filled with warmth and the feeling of fall washed all over me.
& that concludes my fall favorites. Now it is your turn! Comment below and share some of your Fall favorites this year. I love trying new things and would love to hear your recommendations.
I hope you all are having a wonderful fall.