5 Gift Guideline
The circle of life…Once, we were given a piece of paper that had a circle on it. The circle was divided into sections like a pie chart. Each section had pieces that represented the different areas of one’s life that are vital to their overall wellness.
The different parts were: career, health, home, spirituality, and social life. Each of these different sections of the circle plays an important role in everyone’s life, they individually impact a person’s happiness.
For the past few years, we have been using this chart as inspiration when we pick out gifts. Each piece to the bigger puzzle helps bring joy and overall happiness and wellness into one’s life and that is why we created our own 5 Gift Guideline.
- Something for the Home
- Something for Purpose (to represent Career)
- Something for the Body (to represent Health)
- Something for the Soul (to represent Spirituality)
- Something for Relationships (to represent Social Life)
The idea behind the 5 Gift Guideline is to get 5 gifts to give and each gift would represent one of the five categories.
The purpose of the 5 Gift Guideline is this:
The best gift you can give is one that shows how much you care about your loved ones. A gift is a way you can show how much you love, appreciate, and care for another. Choosing gifts that help bring joy and happiness into people’s lives is what makes gift giving so wonderful. Using these categories as guidelines can help you pick the best gifts to support your loved ones and provide for their overall well-being and happiness.
Here are a few ideas of different kinds of gifts that represent the five categories:
1.Home: Gifts for the home, to allow a home to feel more like home: welcoming & inviting.
- Fondue Pot Set: for the whole family to gather around together and have fun eating a variety of food with the Fondue Set.
- Blankets: everyone could use warm and cozy blankets to snuggle up with loved ones at home.
- Calendar: a fun handmade and cute calendar like this one from Pen & Paint is perfect to add functionality and pops of color into any home.
- Cookbooks & Aprons: cookbooks help families gather more often in the kitchen to make more homemade meals and an apron can make cooking more fun and allow a kitchen to feel more like home.
- Feng Shui Book: learning to Feng Shui your home can create peace, serenity, and joy and help keep the home clean and the energy positive.
- Air Purification Plant: plants really liven up a home. They add a perfect touch of nature by bringing the outdoors into a stuffy home. Plants can add color and make a home feel less empty. Make it a purifying plant and the air and energy will seem more clean and fresh.
- Sweet Grass/Sage Bundles: sweet grass bundles are perfect to throw in the fireplace or fire pits to add a sweet smell to the home. Sage bundles are also great for creating a relaxing atmosphere and warding off negativity.
- Décor: Pillows, Candles, Artwork, Welcome Mat, Wreaths/Banners. Every house can feel more like home with the right décor. From inspiring printed pillows and wall art to welcoming front door mats like this one can really add the perfect touch to create an inviting home.
2. Purpose: Finding a gift to help support someone’s career/purpose will depend on the person. However, some ways you can either create or find a gift is by considering their stage in life.
- Still a dream: Is their career or purpose still a dream and not quite to fruition yet? Then the perfect gift may be something to help them get started or continue on their path to their dreams. Any gift that shows your support and encouragement will mean the world to them.
- Finding hobbies: Maybe they are already on their path to their dreams or are just feeling discouraged on their path and are still looking to add some joy and purpose into their lives. Then the perfect gift may be to help them pick up a new hobby they have been wanting to try or help them complete something that has been on their bucket list for years.
- Recognizing Success: Finally, maybe they have already found their purpose and have the career of their dreams, sometimes it easy to forget what we have already accomplished and sometimes we are too hard on ourselves to really celebrate that we’ve reached a milestone in our life. The perfect gift would be to remind them of their accomplishments and tell them how proud you are of them.
- Pamper. Pamper. Pamper. The best way to pamper? With a lush bath or shower bomb. They are my absolute favorite. They smell amazing, they’re fun, they create the most amazing and relaxing bath and on top of all that they are animal cruelty-free, all organic and biodegradable.
- Tea: the perfect gift to provide health, relaxation, and tastes wonderful. Tea has so many health benefits without saying, “here have something healthy!” Tea is also the perfect drink to have at the end of a long and stressful day; it creates warmth and coziness. Plus there are a variety of teas from detox teas to sleep aid and even energizing teas, so you can personalize the kind of tea to help benefit your loved ones most.
- Lavender Linen Spray: Lavender is known for its relaxation qualities. Putting Lavender in a linen spray so they can spray their bed before they go to bed for a good nights sleep. Sleep is vital for staying healthy and a Lavender Linen spray has great benefits for sleep quality.
- Foam Roller/Myofascial Release Ball: I love a foam roller or MR Ball as a gift because it is not exercise related, but it is, however, very beneficial for one’s health as it can help reduce stress, relax muscles and tension, and it will improve movement and exercise. A foam roller or MR Ball is a type of self-massage and after using frequently will become a great relaxation method.
- Essential Oils Kit + Diffuser: This has to be my favorite gift. Essential oils are the perfect way to treat yourself for every mood for any time of the day all year long. They are so versatile and have many different benefits. They can have a huge impact on wellness, but most importantly they are a lot of fun to use.
4. Soul: Gifts to feed the soul, many people have different beliefs and choosing gifts to help support their beliefs will depend on the individual and their faith. Here are some gift ideas to feed the soul, but keep in my mind you can change the gift or build upon it with their specific faith.
- Journal: There are many different types of journals from gratitude journals to scripture study journals and simply daily journals. Journals are great for the soul and make an amazing gift to help loved ones find more joy in their everyday lives.
- Spiritually inspiring book. Looking for a book? Oprah’s Super Soul Sunday Book Club is the best place to look for a wide variety of books that can help create inspiration and enlightenment.
- Protection item: A protection item is anything that symbolizes protection in the home or for an individual. It varies depending on one’s faith and they often come in a variety of different items such as candles, artwork, wall prints, crosses, prayer cards, crystals, etc.
- Dream Box: Another favorite, dream boxes are small sacred boxes made to protect and help manifest a dream written on a piece of paper and placed inside.
- Accomplishment Parchment: I said earlier that often we don’t take the time to recognize our accomplishments and see just how far we’ve come, but there is no better time to start than the present. Creating a space, a place to write down one’s accomplishments is the perfect way to help loved ones notice the more positive things going in their lives and avoid dwelling on all things they feel they aren’t doing or don’t have.
- Faith-based jewelry, wall art, or altar décor. A lot of different faiths have their own kind of jewelry, wall art, and many other different ways to represent their faith. From crystals to sage bundles, to crosses, and rosary beads, there are many different ways to help support others and their spirituality.
5. Relationships: Finally, the last category is relationships, to represent one’s social life. I consider this category to be anything personal from you to your loved ones. From memories you share to gifts to help grow and benefit your relationship together, there are a variety of gifts to provide joy in this area of their lives.
- Personal: The best gift for this category is as personal as you can get. Please check out my handmade post here and gift idea post here for all the ways you can create a more personal gift for your loved ones.
The 5 Gift Guideline is meant to help provide ideas for gifts that help bring more joy and happiness into your loved one’s lives and into the world. Using the different pieces that make up one’s overall wellness can help cover all the grounds for gifts that can make your loved ones feel loved.
We hope you found these guidelines helpful and maybe you can try using the 5 Gift Guidelines in your home this holiday season.