10 Gift Ideas
Think about the best gift you have ever been given.
What was it?
Why is it so special?
I believe there is something magical about giving a gift.
People too often find gift giving mundane after searching for a gift for the twentieth time that year or because the fear of judgment of finding a good gift is overwhelming.
I feel people are too wrapped up in the obligations to provide a gift that they lose the purpose behind gifting to another.
Gifting goes beyond the perfectly wrapped present. A gift is an expression of appreciation and admiration in hopes to add happiness and joy into their lives.
Think about how your favorite gift made you feel. It’s a wonderful feeling. Sharing a gift in hopes to make another feel that same way, in hopes, they feel loved and important, is truly what gift giving is all about.
So today I am providing some gift ideas to share different ways you can provide a more heartfelt gift.
*If you haven’t already you can read more about gifting giving in my Gift Giving Tips blog post here.
- Coffee Lovers: A handmade mug rug, coffee cup, engraved coffee spoon, and a bag of coffee beans will make any coffee lover feel loved. Make it extra special by giving it a theme and picking out a coffee cup with a special saying or message on it. The coffee mug can have an inspiring quote, a personal message from you, or a saying that is a reminder to them of how much they are loved and valued.
- Word of the Year: Every year many people choose a word they would like to represent their year ahead. Sometimes it is there as a reminder of something they want to manifest that year or improve on within himself or herself or sometimes it is there to remind them to do more of something in their life. This word is important to them and that is why they chose a year to dedicate to it. Giving them a gift to encourage and support them on this journey is kind and considerate. For example, if their word is ‘Love’ you can give them one or a whole box of items that make them feel loved and will remind them every day that they are surrounded by Love.
- Creating Heirlooms: a gift that lasts forever is a gift that will be cherished forever. A great way to create an heirloom is to hand make a gift that represents a memory or something that is special to the family or individual. An example is an embroidery I did for my father when we went on a road trip from California to Washington and I embroidered our trip, included all the stops we made and had it framed with a picture of us on one of our stops. It doesn’t have to be an embroidery, but a handmade and personal gift can become a wonderful gift that will become a part of anyone’s life.
- The Gift Box: The gift box is definitely one of my favorites to give. A gift box is a box filled with a variety of fun mini gifts. You can choose a theme or just fill the box with some of their favorite things. Some theme ideas could be a spa day, a chef lovers, book lovers, makeup lovers, fitness lover, coffee or tea lover, Disney lover, etc. What I love most about filling it with all of their favorite things is how much it shows them how well you know them. They will always be surprised with all the little things you remember about them and what they love.
- Recipe Box Kit: If you have a friend who loves to cook then a simple basket filled with a personalized hand carved recipe box with matching recipe cards and a family recipe stamp will give her a way to keep track of all her recipes to pass down to her family. Add a handmade apron and it will brighten her kitchen up.
- Inspiration Board: Creating an inspiration board might seem like a strange thing to create for someone else because that might be something they would want to make themselves, however; it is also a way to convey a really special message. You can use an inspiration board, collage, wall hanging to show how much you support them in their latest endeavors (whether they plan to follow a new passion or just started a new job), or remind them of all the qualities you admire about them to give them a daily boost of how much they are loved, or just give them something to make them smile every day. All these options can turn a simple handmade board into a supportive, encouraging, loving gift.
- Polaroid Coasters: Photography is a great way to offer a really special gift to someone else. People say that a picture is a worth a thousand words. Getting coasters customized with photos will make for a great, fun gift. Every time they have guests over or entertain they can bring out these memories of all the good times they’ve had and reminisce sharing the stories behind each photo.
- 5 Love Languages: I am in love with the way Gary Chapman created a whole new way for people to understand love. Gary Chapman unfolded love to share a whole new concept on how we all give and receive love differently. If you listen and fully adopt his new revelation on love it can truly transform your gifts. Here are some examples of how you can implement one’s love language into the perfect gift.
- For example, if their love language is Quality Time you can gift tickets or certificates to an event or game that you both can go and enjoy together. Events could include: a spa day together, a festival, a day trip or travel/vacation together, take a class together (painting, cooking, yoga, etc.), wine tasting or beer tasting, or tickets to a sports game. Another example is let’s say their love language is Words of Affirmations: a mug, tote bag, t-shirt, trinket, art print, wall hanging with a personalized message, quote, or saying from you expressing your gratitude and admiration for them will be a constant reminder of how important they are. A heartfelt letter or card is also another way someone of that love language can feel loved and appreciated. Finally, another example is if their Love Language is Physical Touch, give them something that will remind you that every time you see them (either wearing a sweater or necklace you gave them, or watch a movie, or go to a restaurant) to give them that loving touch, or hug and kiss that allows them to feel loved. Another great idea for Physical Touch is to give them a little basket of a blanket with a thermos or bottle of wine that can be used for cuddling up together on the back patio and look at the stars or even add some popcorn and a movie to cuddle up on the couch for a movie night. These are just a few examples of how you can incorporate someone’s love language into giving the perfect gift for them to feel loved.
- A Dream Endeavor/Encourage/Spiritual Support Kit: This is one of the most empowering gifts you can give someone. Any gift, chosen correctly, can have the power to really impact another person. The inspiration board can help them believe in themselves on this new journey where they are chasing after their dreams, a coffee mug with the right saying can help be a reminder to them every day that they can overcome a struggle they feel they are going through, and finally a gift box filled with the right things can help bring healing to someone who is feeling lost. Picking out the right book, or providing a specific type of journal, or gifting a workbook to help them work through to reach their dreams, or find peace during stressful times, can show them just how much you are there for them. It can show them how much you are there to support, encourage, and believe in them.
- Lettering (The Pen Pal Kit): A really fun gift filled with stationary, pen, envelopes, and stamps in a cute decorated basket makes a simple gift say, “I want to stay being a part of your life.” People use phones and the internet to keep in touch now, but sometimes putting pen to paper and finding a handwritten letter in your mailbox can turn any day into a good day. Providing a kit to form a hobby just between you and your loved one will make way for future connection and memories to share with each other. It provides a way for a future together, staying in touch.
These are just 10 of many, many different ideas of gifts that you can provide to show someone just how much they matter, how important they are, and how much you want them to know that. Gifts are a way you can really show someone how much they mean to you especially when sometimes you can’t find the words or words just aren’t enough.
So we ask you, now, that any time you are thinking about giving a gift to think about your intention behind the gift and what you are hoping to make the other person feel. What do you want your gift to say to them and if you are ever having a hard time finding ideas you can refer to these gift posts here.
We hope these ideas gave you your own spark of enlightenment to provide the perfect gift for the loved ones in your lives.
Happy Gift Giving Season!
Now before you leave, comment below with the best gift you have ever been given and why it was so special to you!